Monday, March 30, 2009

JPNA Photoessay Artist Statement

JPNA Artist statement

I went to the JP area and used a Vivitar mini digital camera purchased at Walgreens pharmacy. The camera worked well enough for its purpose although I would have preferred something with a little better resolution. I used Photoshop to fix some of the problems with the images I took but Photoshop can only do so much. Overall I think the pictures turned out well compositionally but the pictures were not as good as I wanted for quality. I used Microsoft PowerPoint to make the photo essay. That was very easy because I have used it a lot over the years.
I learned a lot about the camera as an instrument. I have always been interested in photography and the idea of capturing a moment of time in an image. This made the photo essay very fun and interesting for me. I experimented with the new camera I bought and got some interesting images out of it. The buildings in the area were interesting to photograph. Some were run down old and abandoned other building like a school that I saw that was pretty new and well kept. I also got to use Photoshop to fix several of my images, which is something I like to do.
I enjoyed my trip to the Johnsonville Park it was interesting to see the place that I had heard so much about from others. Although there weren’t many people walking around the neighborhood I got a good view of the area and what it looks like. I was surprised to see that there was no grocery store in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment